Top Ten Tuesday is brought to us by the Broke and the Bookish and I absolutely love it, because who doesn't love making lists?
Today's topic: Top ten books I want to reread. Great topic, because I reread books all the time! The first few are books I have already reread, then I delve into ones that I need to reread for the first time.
1. The Little House on the Prairie series, specifically These Happy Golden Years- I just plain love this book and adore/am obsessed with the whole series.
2. The Harry Potter series, especially from Azkaban until the end- Azkaban is probably my favorite of the series and Sirius is my favorite character. What I need to do is reread Deathly Hallows again.
3. Pride and Prejudice- Read it a few times; love it and the movie versions. I need to read more Jane Austen. Sidenote: My college offered a Jane Austen class and I tried SO HARD to get into it, but I never did :(
4. Any Shakespeare- I hated Shakespeare in high school and college, then I became a teacher and now teach Romeo and Juliet to 9th graders every year. I have grown to love it, honestly, and I need to read more of his plays and reread the ones I "read" in high school and college: Hamlet, A Winter's Tale, Macbeth, Othello, Much Ado About Nothing, Julius Caesar, King Lear, etc.
5. The Golden Compass series- I read these as a teen and I'd love to reread them to see if I still love them...but there are so many new books to read!
6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower- I read it and loved it in middle school and I keep hearing about how people love it (still!), so rereading would be nice.
7. Brave New World- I read it in senior English and I would like to reread it since I am loving dystopian right now. I don't remember much about it, probably because I was itching to graduate and leave high school behind.
8. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn-I read this a couple years ago and didn't love it like everyone else seems to. I think a reread is in order.
9. A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley- This is a modern retelling of King Lear that I need to reread. I got about halfway through and quit, but I think now that I like Shakespeare more, I should give this one another shot.
10. The Time Traveler's Wife- I loved it when I read it for the first time and with all books I love, I want to reread to find out if I still love it!