Monday, September 12, 2011

Musing Monday (3)

This week's Musing Monday asks:

What is the one (or maybe two) qualities a book must have for you to pass it along to your best friend as a “must-read?”


Great question! For me, it's the "not able to put down" factor, which can happen in both fiction and nonfiction. A book can make me want to keep reading in a number of ways: interesting story lines, crazy plot twists, great characters, laugh out loud moments, etc. I know I'm cheating by including everything as one factor, but I can't pick just one!


The last fiction book that I absolutely could not put down was Divergent, which I wholeheartedly recommend to those who like dystopian lit. My review of it is basically me gushing about how much I loved it and how the story line just kept grabbing me and holding my attention. The last few nonfiction books I've read were also hard to put down: The Wilder Life, Into the Wild, and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

No comments:

Post a Comment