Saturday, December 1, 2012

November in Review

November is over! Meaning it is almost 2013! Whoa! I swear this year has flown by, especially since September and the beginning of the school year. November wasn't bad in terms of how much I read, since I actually reviewed 8 books. It helped that we had a few days off school for Thanksgiving, allowing me more reading (and family!) time. I am really looking forward to winter break--my goal is to read a book a day. Cannot. Wait.


November Reviews
The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Lark by Tracey Porter
Gilt by Katherine Longshore
Life as We Knew it by Susan Beth Pfeiffer
Skinny by Donna Cooner
Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature by Robin Brande
Cut by Patricia McCormick


I also did two Top Ten Tuesdays: Books/Authors I'm thankful for and Most Anticipated 2013 Reads. I am looking forward to so many books next year!!

I read a couple books this month that I didn't review: The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller and Book Love by Penny Kittle. Both are about teaching reading and incorporating choice reading into the ELA classroom. I absolutely love Penny Kittle. She is an amazing English teacher and I highly recommend both of her books that I have read and refer to regularly: Write Beside Them and Book Love.

The blog will be quiet this week, as it's the last week of our trimester at school and I have a big group project due for my grad class. I'm about halfway through For Darkness Shows the Stars, so I might review it this week depending on when I finish it. I'm also listening to Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margie Stohl and it is taking FOREVER! I've been listening to it for weeks when I drive and I'm not even halfway through yet. I hope it's worth the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment