Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Thankful

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is:

Top Ten books/authors I'm thankful for

There are so many, but I'll try to come up with just ten! These are not in order!


1. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson: My 8th grade language arts teacher recommended this book to me (through book orders!) and I can't be thankful enough for it, LHA, and my teacher. I devoured Speak and immediately told my mom to read it because I liked it so much.

2. Sarah Dessen: I loved everything by Sarah Dessen in high school and credit her as one of the reasons I loved reading so much in high school!

3. The Baby-sitters Club series by Ann M. Martin: This was the first series that I adored and is totally one of the reasons I was a huge reader as a kid. I ate these up like candy.

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: The reason so many of my students love reading.

5. JK Rowling: Do I even have to explain? Magic. Just plain magic.

6. Judy Blume: I really connected with a few of her books as a kid and appreciated her honest and frank writing style.

7. The Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder: Another series that made me fall in love with reading, history, and books about history. Love her and them.

8. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys: I am thankful for this book because it opened up a whole new side of history I knew nothing about. Powerful book and makes me wonder what else I don't know about and still need to learn.

9. Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry by Mildred Taylor: This was one of the first books I loved that was required reading in school. Promptly asked for the sequels when finished. I'm thankful for liking it and for its content.

10. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: One of the first books that really affected me in a big way. So thankful to Harper Lee for writing it and for allowing me to enjoy rereading over and over.


Lastly, I am thankful for book blogging and twitter because of all the wonderful people I have "met" and friends I have made this way! In the last year, I've really felt like I've found my people. You guys get me. I get you. What more can I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment