Sunday, September 2, 2012

August in Review

August was a decent month for me. In terms of reading, I reviewed 8 books and read a few more than that which I probably will not review on the blog. I also went on two weekend trips, which ate up some reading time and...school is almost back! I had to go in for professional development for two days last week and have been spending lots of time working in my classroom and preparing lessons. I'm not teaching any new classes this year, but we have new textbooks for Spanish and I'm teaching a few new things in my English class. It should be a fun and challenging year! I am looking forward to meeting my new students on Tuesday :)


Books reviewed
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Glass by Ellen Hopkins
Something Like Hope by Shawn Goodman
Secret Letters by Leah Scheier
Burned by Ellen Hopkins
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Forget You by Jennifer Echols


Other posts
Top Ten Tuesday: ME
Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite books since I've started blogging


My favorite book this month was Princess Academy, although I have really enjoyed listening to Ellen Hopkins's verse novels as audiobooks. Be on the lookout for my review of Gone Girl soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment