Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish People

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and was created by the lovely Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner. This week's topic is:

Top Ten bookish people I'd like to meet (authors, bloggers, etc). This one was hard for me to do since I have been fortunate enough to meet many of my favorite authors and bloggers, but here goes!

1. JK Rowling: I would like to worship at her feet, then probably cry and combust from fangirling.

2. Lauren Oliver: I love her books so much and really just want to tell her that. Coincidentally she is coming to a bookstore about 2 hours north of me in October for a "children's event." Am I allowed to go to that? I think it's a release party for The Spindlers, her new MG.

3. Laurie Halse Anderson: I want to thank her for writing such powerful books, especially Speak and Wintergirls.

4. Laura Ingalls Wilder: I know she's been dead for over 50 years, but hello, I am a fangirl for life. Meeting her would be amazing because of 1. who she is and 2. time travel would be possible.

5. Sarah Dessen: I think she was my first favorite author and I'd LOVE to meet her someday!

6. Ruta Sepetys: I loved Between Shades of Gray and the upcoming Out of the Easy, plus she is from Michigan. Win-win.

7. Ann Brashares: I grew up on the Traveling Pants books and it even inspired my friends and me to have a traveling notebook.

8. Caragh M. O'Brien: I love the Birthmarked series and I'd love to discuss making the move from being a teacher to being a full time writer (a dream of mine...)


BLOGGERS I AM DYING TO MEET IN REAL LIFE

9. Christina from Book Tasty: So Christina and I are pretty much twins (and have been known to maybe obnoxiously hashtag #twinsies on twitter) and I think she's awesome. She's a middle school librarian, has excellent taste in books, and is one of my closest blogging/bookish friends.

10. Elizabeth from Don't Take My Books Away: I also really want to meet Elizabeth, another awesome blogging friend. Any book she likes I am pretty much guaranteed to like and we are both fans of baseball and cleaning our kitchens while coffee is brewing.

Why can't bookish friends live closer??? Guess I need to plan some vacations...

No comments:

Post a Comment