Friday, December 2, 2011

TGIF: Writing Reviews 101

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads! Every Friday, she proposes a fun and interesting question. This week's question is:

Writing Reviews 101: What is your process for writing reviews? Any tips or suggestions you would recommend to other bloggers?

I try to write reviews the day I finish or the next, so everything is still fresh in my mind. I think I have a fairly standard/boring method for writing them. I like to include a synopsis of the book (usually taken from Goodreads), why I wanted to read it/how I heard about it/how I acquired it, what I liked about it, and in some cases, what I didn't like about it. Sometimes I also include who I would recommend it to, since some books have very specific audiences.

This question is pretty timely, actually, since I just finished If I Stay by Gayle Forman last night but haven't written a review yet. Look for one later!

No comments:

Post a Comment