Friday, December 9, 2011

TGIF: Book to Movie

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads! This week's question is:


Book to movie: Which is the best adaptation of book to movie? The worst?


Excellent question! I think one of the best was The Notebook. I actually liked the movie more than the book! I also loved how the Harry Potter movies turned out. I know there were parts left out, but a good job nonetheless.


The worst? The Scarlet Letter with Demi Moore was awful. I remember catching it on TV after reading the novel in high school and realizing what a terrible adaptation it was. I was also not a fan of The Time-Traveler's Wife movie, but loved the book. Also, not a movie, but let's not even mention the Little House on the Prairie TV series. Awful. Books were waaaaay better!


Reviews this week:
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (loved it!)
Hitch by Jeanette Ingold (great historical fiction from male POV)
Looking for Alaska by John Green (excellent)

No comments:

Post a Comment