Friday, December 30, 2011

TGIF: First & Last

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at G Reads! Each Friday, she proposes a question for her followers and recaps the week's posts. This week's question is:

First & Last: What was the first book you read in 2011 and the last you finished in 2011? How do you feel about these books? Would you recommend them to other readers?

I only started blogging and really keeping track of what I read in June, so I'm not positive about the first book I read this year, but it was either American Wife by Curtis Sittenfield or The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I loved American Wife, which is kind of a retelling of Laura Bush's life. Now, I am not a fan of the Bushes in any way, but Laura's life has been quite interesting. I bought the book for my stepmom as a gift and then borrowed it when she was done. Definitely recommended.

The Lost Symbol...eh. It was ok. I ate up The da Vinci Code like it was candy, but this one was just ok. I read it in just about one sitting on one of our snow days early in the year (which is one of my favorite things to do).

The last book I read this year as of 12/31 was When She Woke by Hillary Jordan. It's a futuristic retelling of The Scarlet Letter that is scarily believable. 



Posts this week
Review: Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
Review: Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment