Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday 12/6

Top Ten Tuesday is one of my favorite book blog memes! It is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is: 


Top Ten Childhood Faves! For purposes of this list, childhood will be considered elementary school and early middle school.


1. Little House on the Prairie: I can't even describe the love I felt for this books (I tried to document it here when I reviewed The Wilder Life). I adored and was obsessed with the series, the people, everything. I wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder.


2. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: My stepdad read this aloud to use when I was in early elementary school and I ate it up (har har)! Love Roald Dahl.


3. Matilda: Read this one on my own after Charlie and decided that I needed to be Matilda. I already loved books; all I needed was super powers!


4. Baby-sitters Club: I basically devoured all of these starting in second grade. My mom refused to buy them because I would read them so fast, so periodically, we'd just go to Barnes and Noble for a couple hours so I could read some. I loved those trips.


5. Bunnicula: My stepdad also read this one to us, which I loved. I think I read the sequels on my own.


6. Berenstein Bears: I loved the picture books when I was small, then moved on to the short chapter books. Loved that family.


7. Sweet Valley Twins: Loved all varieties of these series.


8.The Giver: I read it in 4th grade and really enjoyed it. 


9. Tuck Everlasting: Read this in school for 5th grade and fell in love. Movie wasn't bad either.


10. HARRY POTTER: Not sure if this would be childhood, since I started reading them in middle school, but they for sure are my favorite books of all time. I can't even express my love for them. When I finished Deathly Hallows, it was like something in my heart had come to an end. Bittersweet happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment