Friday, December 16, 2011

Back to the Classics Challenge: Book Choices!

I signed up for the Back to the Classics Challenge 2012 back in November (hosted by Sarah Reads Too Much), and I finally just decided which books I am planning on reading for it! Of course, since I am the most indecisive person I know, these titles could change if I discover a new book that I just have to read and use for the challenge, but I think I'm pretty set on the following:



19th century classic: North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (already own)

20th century classic: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (own)

Reread: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (own)

Classic Play: A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction: Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie (inspired by a recent Doctor Who episode!)

Classic Romance: Persuasion by Jane Austen (own)

Translated Classic: Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert

Classic Award W
inner: The Age of Innocence by Edith Warton

Classic set in a country/place I will never visit: The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien

I'm really looking forward to reading all of these and expanding from my usual genres of choice! I will admit that I have started The Hobbit and Brave New World before, in 6th grade and high school, respectively, but did not get more than a few pages into either, so I still consider those unread. Excited for 2012 reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment