Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Top Ten Tuesday 11/1
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is:
Top ten books that I had VERY strong emotions about (cry, laugh, hurl across the room, etc)
1. Shine by Lauren Myracle: I just read this one and the the injustices in it made me FURIOUS. I know a writer is amazing when she makes me angry as I read because of her writing talent (and because I know these things happen in real life).
2. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares: This one made me teary. If you read it, you know why.
3. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson: This book FREAKED me out. I was afraid of every little noise while reading and couldn't turn off the lights.
4. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma: Still trying to sort out my feelings about this one. It made me sad, but not teary. Not sure yet.
5. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson: I was amazed, shocked, saddened, etc, that people actually have these disorders. I mean, I knew about them, but this gave me a much deeper glimpse.
6. Atonement by Ian McEwan: I WTFed at the end and wanted to throw it against the wall.
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: The ugly racism made me angry!
8. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins: I basically WTFed at the whole book and was disappointed by the ending. I know a lot of people loved it, but I'm definitely not one of them.