Saturday, November 5, 2011

Back to the Classics Challenge 2012

I'm excited to announce that I will be participating in my first challenge next year: Back to the Classics Challenge 2012 hosted by Sarah Reads Too Much! I used to read the classics and own many, but over the past few years, I have not read any. This challenge will be a great way to read a larger variety of books and maybe open myself up to some new genres. 


Here are the categories and my potential reads:

  • Any 19th Century Classic- Sense & Sensibility? Portrait of a Lady? Great Expectations?
  • Any 20th Century Classic- not sure yet
  • Reread a classic of your choice- Grapes of Wrath? To Kill a Mockingbird?
  • A Classic Play- Death of a Salesman? A Midsummer Night's Dream? Other Shakespeare?
  • Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction- not sure yet
  • Classic Romance- North and South?
  • Read a Classic that has been translated from its original language to your language- One Hundred Years of Solitude?  
  • Classic Award Winner- not sure yet 
  • Read a Classic set in a Country that you (realistically speaking) will not visit during your lifetime- not sure yet
I think it will be a lot of fun! Any suggestions? As you can see, I need some advice. I believe I own every Jane Austen novel, but have only read Pride & Prejudice, which is pathetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment