Monday, February 4, 2013

January 2012 in Review

January wasn't a great reading month for me, but I did post more reviews that usual, due to reading a lot over winter break. This month I read 5 books, including the last books in 2 trilogies: Shades of Earth and Promised. I'm not sure if I'll read either of them since I don't know if I can do it spoiler free! Maybe I will review the entire trilogy?

I also have to admit giving up on an audiobook that I really wanted to love: Chime by Franny Billingsley. I DNFed the print version last year, but heard that the audio was fabulous...which it was! I absolutely loved the narrator but just could not follow or get into the story. After 2 tries, I think I am officially done with the book.

Reviews this month
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
Recovery Road by Blake Nelson
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (audiobook)
Beauty by Robin McKinley
Hate List by Jennifer Brown
The Diviners by Libba Bray

I also posted my End of the Year Book Survey, a WoW for The Madness Underneath, and my plea for audiobook recommendations

My favorite book that I reviewed this month was probably Seraphina, although I also really enjoyed Recovery Road. My least favorite was by far Beautiful Creatures, which I was really bummed about since it took so long to listen to. I'm glad I read it though--nice to know what the fuss is (or isn't) about. 

This month look for my review of Stupid Fast and my return to Top Ten Tuesdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment