Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is:
Top ten authors I wish would write another book
This was surprisingly difficult to figure out! I could only come up with eight.
1. JK Rowling: Before Pottermore came out, my stepdad and I were discussing what the big announcement might be and we decided that JKR could charge ANYTHING for her next book and we'd all buy it. She could charge $100 and we would all buy a copy. She can do no wrong.
2. Laura Ingalls Wilder: I know she published quite a few books in her lifetime but she left behind some manuscripts when she died, including what became The First Four Years. I wish she could have edited that one more and written more about her fascinating life!
3. Harper Lee: To Kill a Mockingbird was her only published book and I only wonder what else she might have written since TKAM was so amazing.
4. Jane Austen: The world could always use more Jane :)
5. Curtis Sittenfeld: I really enjoyed Prep and American Wife; hoping she writes more.
6. Erin Morgenstern: I enjoyed The Night Circus and would love to read more of her beautiful writing.
7. Tina Fey: Bossypants cracked me up and I can't wait for more from this hilarious lady!
8. Stieg Larsson: I'm sad that he died before completing the Millennium books; who knows what else he would have come up with?