Friday, January 27, 2012

TGIF: Buy or Borrow

TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at G Reads! Each week, she proposes a question and recaps the week's posts. This week's question is:

Buy or Borrow: Where do your books come from? Bookstore? Library? Do you prefer to borrow or buy?

Most of mine come from the library, hands down. I am a huge library advocate and am even planning on starting my MLIS this year and hope to eventually work in a public library. I always tell my students to use the library because of FREE BOOKS/AUDIO BOOKS/MOVIES. The economy sucks and most people don't have a lot of money, so using the library seems like a no brainer.

I do buy used books, though, both for my classroom and for myself. I own a lot of used classics, but I typically only purchase new books if I am going to get them signed or I know I will love and reread them. I bought A Million Suns recently, because I knew I would love it (and am meeting Beth Revis at RT Teen Day in April!), and plan on buying Pandemonium when it comes out. Other than those few times, this girl on a public school teacher salary loves the library and thinks everyone should use it more!



Posts this week
Review: A Million Suns by Beth Revis
Top Ten Tuesday: Book Boyfriends

No comments:

Post a Comment