Thursday, January 9, 2014

Middle Grade Challenge: Adventures Through Awkwardness




Well, I've decided to take part in a reading challenge this year! The wonderful Lisa (Lisa is Busy Nerding) and Amy (Tripping Over Books) are hosting a 2014 Middle Grade Challenge called Adventures Through Awkwardness. If you like MG or want to read more MG, sign up!

I never considered myself a fan of middle grade until recently, due to reading Counting by 7s last year and The Lightning Thief (my first book of 2014!). I really liked both and it made me realize that there is awesome stuff in MG that I don't know anything about! That definitely needs to change.

Check out Lisa or Amy's blog to find out the details for the challenge, but basically there's a genre within MG assigned to each month. Read a book within that genre and post your review that month, linking up to either Lisa or Amy's post (depending on who is hosting). Easy!

January's genre is contemporary, so I was thinking of reading Wonder by RJ Palacio (if students don't have it checked out) or a fun looking one I have at school, Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur. Looking ahead, February is fantasy, so that might be a good time to read more Percy Jackson with The Sea of Monsters!

Please let me know if you have any MG suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment