Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is:
Top Ten books I recommend the most
I was thinking about both my students and my family/friends when I made this list, so keep that in mind!
1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: This is a big hit at school, especially with the girls. One of my favorite books!
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth: This is also a big hit with everyone! Popular among students and I got it for my sister for Christmas. She liked it!
3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer: I always recommend this amazing fairy tale retelling! Coincidentally, another Christmas gift for a family member this year!
4. Anything by Sarah Dessen: I always recommend her books to students looking for love stories or romances. She is always a hit!
5. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness: The Chaos Walking trilogy is becoming more popular at school, hopefully partly because I recommend it so much.
6. Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach: I usually recommend this one to people looking for a funny story, a sports story, or both. I love Felton!
7. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson: This is a great one for someone looking for a gritty, real read. I loved it and recommend it all the time.
8. Across the Universe trilogy by Beth Revis: I like to recommend this to people looking for something different than usual or for people who don't think they like sci-fi.
9. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: For people looking for a crazy thriller!
10. Anything by Ellen Hopkins: I recommend her books to my students who are looking to try something different or who want to try a verse novel for the first time. She's very popular!