Sunday, April 8, 2012

RT Teen Day in Chicago

This weekend I will traveling to Chicago to attend part of the RT Booklovers' Convention, RT Teen Day. My boyfriend is coming too, so we can be tourists on Friday, then he will leave me alone on Saturday :)

RT Teen Day is NOT just for teenagers (seeing as how I'm 24 and all) and it only costs $25 to attend a HUGE YA author signing, your pick of six panels featuring YA authors, and then a cool party where you can mingle with authors, INCLUDING FRANCINE PASCAL. It sounds amazing and I am so fortunate that it is in Chicago, which is only about a 5 hour drive from where I live.

Some authors that I am looking forward to meeting are:
Jeri Smith-Ready (eeeeek!!)
Beth Revis (another eeeeek!!)
Stephanie Perkins (let's be honest, they are all eeeeek!! worthy)
Veronica Roth
Cynthia Hand
Saundra Mitchell
Sophie Jordan

There are lots of other authors who will be there and I would like to meet, but I haven't read their books yet. Hoping that it won't be weird to pop by, say hi, and maybe buy a book without having read it first.

I can't wait to meet bloggers that I have been interacting with and admiring from afar for the better part of a year! If you are going to be at RT, PLEASE let me know! I would love to meet people, despite how quiet I might seem in person. I'm short, slightly blonde, and answer to Kyle :)

Can't wait for the weekend! YAY bookish events!!

No comments:

Post a Comment