Friday, October 21, 2011

Review: Shift

Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Publish date: May 2011
Source: Library
"Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.

Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.
As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart."
Note: If you haven't read Shade (and you should!), don't read this review. Unless you want to be spoiled. Which you don't. (Unless you do). The end.
This is the second book in the Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready, and I'd heard that this one was even better than Shade. And in fact, it was! I loved it even more than the first one and am really looking forward to book #3, Shine.
I loved that in this book we get to learn even more about the Shift and what caused it. I knew as soon as the Shift was mentioned in Shade that its background and repercussions would be awesome and I was right. I'm so glad Ms. Smith-Ready gave more information about the circumstances surrounding Aura's birth and her parents, whom I was very curious about. I'm hoping there is even more about her parents and Eowyn in Shine. Also, I kind of love the name Eowyn.
I was really glad that there was some positive development with Logan and Aura (I think). I am totally Team Zachary, by the way. No question. I don't want to give too much away, but I definitely like how this book ended in terms of those characters and I can't wait to see what happens next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment