Saturday, October 8, 2011

Book Blogger Hop (10/7-10/10)

The Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Crazy for Books, is a great way to get know other bloggers and find new blogs to read. This week's question/spotlight is:


“It’s time to spread some love beyond the borders of the Book Blogger Hop! This week, we aren’t answering a question. We are spotlighting our fellow bloggers. Find your favorite(s) author interview(s), guest post(s), book review(s), or bookish article(s) that ANOTHER BOOK BLOGGER featured on their site recently and tell us why you love it/them! As an additional challenge, find your favorite one of EACH of the categories above and spotlight all 4 (interview, guest post, review, article).”


Well, I failed at the challenge, but I could easily think of a few reviews and a book cover discussion blog post to share with everyone.


1. Review of Daughter of Smoke & Bone over at The Story Siren. She starts the review by proclaiming that she LOVED the book, which immediately makes me want to read it. The story itself sounds odd, but with all the blogger love of this book, I think I need to read it soon.


2. Review of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer at Young Book Love. She titled the review "The Unbecoming of Bethany's workouts," which made me crack up, then she followed it up with a very detailed and funny review. I knew I wanted to read Mara, but now I do more than ever!


3. Review of Shade at Gone with the Words. Jess was tweeting about loving this book a few weeks ago, then her review was gushing with more love! She (and her review) convinced me to get it from the library and it is currently sitting in my car, waiting patiently to be read.


4. Discussion of Revolution's cover changes at The Compulsive Reader. I have an arc of this, currently in my classroom, and I noticed at a book signing on Tuesday night that the cover is now different from the arc. I liked the arc cover much more and then on Friday saw the blog post about the very same thing! I liked how she compared all the covers, including the UK one. The old one is by far the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment