Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday 2/7

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is:

Top Ten Books you'd hand to someone who says he/she doesn't like to read. Great topic and one I frequently come across as a teacher. Lots of reluctant readers out there (or as I like to think of it: ones who haven't found books they like yet)!

1. The Hunger Games trilogy: This is HUGE at my school and we can't keep the books on the shelves. EVERYONE wants to read them, which is AWESOME.

2. The Outsiders: I read this in 8th grade and loved it. My coworker recently read it to her middle school class and they loved it too. Some even checked it out from the library after to read it AGAIN.

3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series: These are really addicting and great for both high school and adults. We can't keep these on the shelves either.

4. Harry Potter series: Fantastic stuff. I even got my "Tolkien is the only author I read" boyfriend to read them.

5. To Kill a Mockingbird: Usually required reading, but the only one I know of that everyone enjoys.

6. Bossypants: I loved this one. Super easy to read and hilarious.

7. Perfect Chemistry: This is a great one for more reluctant readers, especially after reading Romeo and Juliet (like I'll be doing soon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment