Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Review: Shiver


Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publish date: 2000
Source: Library
"Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance."


Ok...I really wanted to like this book. I have heard great things about the series from other bloggers and even though I am not a fan of supernatural romances (a la Twilight), I decided to give it a shot. I didn't think it was terrible, but I guess I just don't understand what is so great about it. Grace reminded me of Bella from Twilight, in that she was basically obsessed with her guy/wolf and he is the only thing that matters to her. I understand being in love with someone, but that person should not be the only thing you think about. I had a hard time being interested in them as a couple and actually thought they were pretty boring.

I'm not sure if I'll read the other two books in the trilogy. I'm curious about them, but I might not be curious enough to actually read them since I had a hard time finding the characters to be believable and interesting in this one.

Currently reading: ...then i met my sister by Christine Hurley Deriso, which is really good so far

No comments:

Post a Comment